Harrower Summer Opera Workshop Application
Thank you for applying to the Harrower Summer Opera Workshop! This page contains all the information needed to complete the application process. Please read the following information carefully before submitting your application. All applicants must completely fill out the information below and complete the $50.00 non-refundable online payment. Incomplete applications or applications without payment will not be considered.
Housing applications will be available for participants upon their acceptance into the program for those who wish to stay on campus during the workshop.
All applications are online using the form below. There is a non-refundable application fee of $50.00 due at the time of submitting applications.
Live auditions took place on February 11, 2017, in Georgia State University’s Florence Kopleff Recital Hall in Atlanta, GA. Online auditions will be available as needed for out of town auditionees. Online auditions will consist of a video performance of each aria. Instructions for submitting online auditions are found below.
Participants should select three arias for auditions--one of which must be in English. Aria selections do not need to be from the repertoire of the current year, although they can be. Selections in similar styles are welcome. An accompanist will be provided.
Applicants acknowledge that, should they be accepted into the program, all tuition and fees must be paid in full by April 28, 2017. Participants who have not paid in full by April 28, 2017 will have their slot and housing canceled. For participant cancellations not made before April 28, 2017, the full tuition and housing fee is incurred.
All participants will be issued a Georgia State University Panther ID Card upon arrival. The Panther Card Office is very strict in their acceptance of photos to use. Please upload a photo adhering to the requirements and examples outlined below. If your photo does not meet the criteria, you will be asked to resubmit a photo until an acceptable photo is given.
- Take a current color photo, with a SOLID blue or white background.
- Photos in front of a door or wrinkled sheet will not be accepted.
- Center the photo with a forward facing view, from the top of your shoulders to above the top of your head.
- Do not wear obscuring jewelry, headphones/hands-free devices, sunglasses, hats/scarves/head coverings unless for religious purposes.
- DO NOT USE A PHOTO OF AN EXISTING ID PHOTO OR ID CARD.
Examples of Acceptable Photos:
Examples of NOT Acceptable Photos:
All participants who are or will be under 18 as of June 5, 2017, must complete the Under 18 Health and Security Form. Forms will be uploaded during the application process. Download the Under 18 Health and Security Form.
Auditionees submitting for an online audition must upload their videos in the form of unlisted youtube videos. Please adhere to the following guidelines for submitting your video audition:
- The video name should be saved as First Name Last Name 1, 2, 3 (i.e. Jane Smith 1; Jane Smith 2; Jane Smith 3).
- Each aria should be in a separate video. One video for all three arias will not be accepted and will be difficult to submit.
- Each aria video (or select portion of a video) should be no more than 5-7 minutes long.
The deadline to apply for a live audition has passed, we are still accepting online auditions.
You will be redirected to our webstore upon clicking submit, please take a moment to confirm that the information you entered is correct.